Privacy & Cookie Policies
Information we collect
Arts Midwest has various forms on our website that may ask for personally identifiable information. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name, work title, place of employment, address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address, and credit card information.
How we use your information
We use the information you provide to us to fulfill your requests for services or information and to make data-informed decisions about website improvements.
Here are some ways in which we might use data that you provide to us:
- To communicate with you about Arts Midwest’s programs or services, either via one-on-one correspondence or via a broadcast e-mail list.
- To process your donation or payment and send you a receipt.
- To process your application for a grant or scholarship and determine your organization’s eligibility.
- To register you for an Arts Midwest-hosted event or conference.
- To analyze our website usage for the purpose of making improvements to the design or content of the site.
How we transfer and store your information
Information you provide to us is always transferred and stored securely, and only authorized Arts Midwest staff, board, panel members, or other contractors have access to information in our database unless expressly stated at the point of data collection.
Arts Midwest uses third-party software packages to collect and store information. This software includes form and payment processing programs, email marketing tools, and database vendors.
Although we take measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, including verifying security policies with our third-party vendors, we can’t assure you that personally identifiable information we collect will never be disclosed accidentally in the future.
Also, please know that we may disclose information to authorities when legally required to do so, for example as a result of a court order or in response to a request from law enforcement.
Who else may have access to your information?
On certain occasions, it is necessary for us to share information you provide to us so that we can process a payment, or provide you with requested services.
Here are some ways in which we may share data that you provide to us:
- We may share information provided on a grant application with a grant review panel or external funder to process your application and/or provide a grant payment.
- We may share information provided on an event registration with a hotel or caterer in order to reserve you a hotel room or accommodate special meal requests.
- We may share email addresses provided to us on an event registration with a presenter so that they can communicate with you before or after the event.
- We share information with our payment processing vendors in order to process your donation or payment.
By using or accessing this website (www.artsmidwest.org) you are consenting to Arts Midwest’s use of browser cookies for analytics tracking.
We use Google Analytics to analyze user activity in order to help us understand how our content is being consumed. Tracking cookies records a user’s entrance and path through our website, including which pages you visit, the amount of time spent on each page, the page you were looking at previously, and when you left our site. They may also record the type of browser you’re using, the operating system you’re using, and your IP address, which can be used to identify your general location (country/city).
If you do not wish to have your usage tracked, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your browser. The add-on does not prevent data from being sent to the website in other ways, for example, if you choose to fill out a form to provide us with more information.
Google advertising cookies
Facebook advertising cookies
These cookies are accessed by Facebook in accordance with the Meta Data Use Policy, which can be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy. You may adjust your advertising preferences or revoke your permission to participate in Facebook advertising programs at https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/.
last updated June 2023